Saturday 3 September 2011

What's New

I woke up this morning to the sight of these hot air balloons flying across the morning horizon.  It was very misty and they looked ethereal as they moved along.  The sight that brought a smile to my face was a large smiling bear followed by a lady bug with dangling legs.  What a marvellous way to wake up.  

So what is new in my world?  This summer I have been volunteering with an independent filmmaker as a prop designer.  The designing lets me express myself creatively and in a different way.  I designed a half body cast and I am currently designing an elk head.  I went to an elk farm in the Carp area to get the exact measurements.  Luckily the head was already stuffed and I didn't have to negotiate with the animal to stand still so I could measure him. 

On the horizon of books, I have created a number of very small books with leather covers.  They have clasps and are large enough to create a story, draw a picture or included small format photographs in them.  These books came about as a result of playing with asymmetrical pieces of leather.  I like the free form that the pieces provide and the challenge it gives me to create a book within its confines.  Currently I am creating a photography book which will include a story I wrote when in university. 

I also wrote a children's book this summer.  I was talking with my four year old granddaughter who was asking me about getting ready for bed.  When I awoke the next morning, the story was running through my mind.  As a result, I am in the process of putting the book together.  It requires some drawings and more photographs.  Hopefully it will be ready for publishing in the near future.  










No comments:

Post a Comment